100% HALAL PRODUCTS
Our Halal Promise
All our meat and poultry at Humza is sourced from HMB (Halal Monitoring Board) approved UK slaughter houses.
As the Qur’an specifies, all the animals are treated with respect and well cared for at the slaughter houses., Highly trained workers, skilled in limiting the amount of pain and suffering an animal endures, undertake the process. The animal is killed with one clean sweep of an extremely sharp knife across the throat, rendering the animal unconscious in seconds. The entire process is carried out in a humane and swift manner.Our meat is produced using the traditional halal practice, endorsed by Islamic scholars, of keeping the animal conscious when its throat is cut.
The following halal principles are applied:
- The animal is healthy and alive prior to slaughter
- The slaughter is carried out by the hand of a Muslim
- The animal is dealt with one clean sweep of an extremely sharp knife to cause minimal suffering
- Prior to slaughter, the slaughter man invokes the name of Allah upon the animal to be slaughtered and during the process recites the tasmiya or shahada
- All the blood is completely drained